Monday, October 31, 2011

Viking Birthday Party

8/Oct/2011

This year we celebrated my (Michael's) birthday a couple of weeks early with a Viking themed party.

The only dress requirement was horns (yes I know Vikings didn't wear horns).

I spent a few hours each day over the preceding weeks making up my cardboard Viking boat (along with sail). I guess Thor wasn't too happy a small thunder storm hit during the party and destroyed the sail, but I can't complain too much as the rain only lasted a short time and didn't affect the night.
In the Viking Navy
Viking invading party

 Maria organised a wonderful "Viking" Cake that tasted as good as it looked.


While the gang invented a few Viking games such as "Viking table tennis" using hammers, swords, shields as a bat, and catching an Aerobe disc with the Viking helmet. I guess we are easily amused.
Viking Table Tennis
Des catch a flying disc with his horn.

I would like to thank everyone that came to the party for the great gifts, and for helping me to celbrate my "Early" birthday.
Cut throat viking
Thirsty Viking
The Gang


 Gallery, Slide show

No comments: